Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Saturday, December 4, 2010

silvery scenes

Following on from my red Christmas kitchen post are a couple of vignettes I have set up that are silver themed.
The first one is beside my TV cabinet.

The angels I have had for years and were gold until I spray painted them silver last year.
The cloth is some silver star fabric that I have had for years.

 B4 likes to play with the lights, so he set the scene by lighting up the angels...

 and the baby Jesus in this glass nativity, surrounded be some tinsel stuff.

Here is the NOEL I created from here.
I painted it silver but I think I need to highlight it a bit, it looks a little one dimensional.

Here is the scene with the lights on.


On my TV Cabinet is this simple silver wreath, also using the tinsel stuff.

 On the other side of the room I have decorated on top of the fire place, this is the closest I come to a mantel, oh how I am coveting a mantel to decorate at the moment! 
Because it is summer in Australia I can decorate right on top because it won't be lit anytime soon (I know it's ugly but does do a good job of keeping us warm in winter).
Here are my Wise Men on the way to see the newborn King.
I picked these up on the Gold Coast a couple of years ago in January at 1/2price.

Again I have used the silver star fabric, B3 wound the tinsel stuff up the chimney and I made this sign from here, I adjusted the colour to a silvery grey- the original was gold, I printed it off and laminated it. 
The frame was a garage sale find and I sprayed it silver for the occasion. 
 It is hung on a paper clip to one of the holes and the picture is actually stuck on the chimney with a magnet.

Shared at: Rhoda's




2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like the silver decorations for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so pretty... I haven't got any of my decorating done yet, i've got to get on the ball!
    Blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.