Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

bus destination art

All over blogland and the internet at the moment is fantastic bus scroll destination art. 
Most of these reproductions range from a few hundred dollars up to a few thousand, of course way out of my budget.
Thankfully Sarah at a beach cottage shared how to make one here.

I started with a frame I already had

and painted it black - sorry no pic but I am sure you have all seen a black painted frame before.

Then I made my sign and printed it off- this is one the computer and I stuffed up a test run and then cut it to size and put it in my frame.

These are all beaches in our local area and have special meanings for our family, places we have holidayed at as children, or now as a family, places we visit regularly, even the beach my sister lives at is listed.

I hung it in the most suitable room in our house...

....our little bus toilet.

 We call it our little bus toilet because it used to be our linen press and we pulled it out so we could get the toilet out of the bathroom hence it is a little space and the door has to open outwards.

 We even put a public toilet lock on it.
I am thinking of some sort of sign for the outside of the door to get a real bus toilet look any ideas?

Shared At:
 we-can-do-it-cheaper

7 comments:

  1. Great job! I want to make some subway art too. It's just so neat! I love your little bathroom with the "vacant" thing. It made me laugh.
    Thanks for linking up to We Can Do It Cheaper! Come back any time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and cute--that is the best kind of project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so popular now!
    The more different ones I see the more I want to make one.
    I love the vacant lock on the door...Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such an easy project! Love how you used destinations that have a special meaning to your family! Very cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! It's always so much fun to complete a project and admire it every time you see it again.

    Thanks for joining the fun at my Time Travel party. I also would like to invite you to join Tips and Tricks, which posted last night. Time Travel Thursday will be posting again tonight.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! I've been trying to think of a way to make one of these myself - thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.